It’s hard enough seeing loved ones suffering with itchy or sensitive skin conditions on their faces and bodies, but when it’s itchy scalp, it can be harder to understand the impact the irritation is having on them. For some, it’s the persistent dusting of dandruff on the shoulders of their clothes that can be embarrassing, especially when they do wash their hair, unlike the common misconception.
For others, it might be cradle cap, seborrheic dermatitis, psoriasis, or eczema on the scalp and hair line, sometimes resulting in weeping sores that are hard to heal and make brushing the hair difficult. Traditional medicated shampoos are often suggested for use on extremely dry or flaky scalps, and while these are widely available in most supermarkets and chemists, they might be causing more problems than they solve.
Do Medicated Shampoos Work?
Medicated shampoos usually work by loosening the dry skin on the scalp, making it easier to remove and wash away the flaky skin. While this can help in the short term, a flaky scalp is likely to reoccur as shampoos only treat the immediate symptoms and don’t address the root cause of the problem. That’s why finding a daily hair care regime specifically designed for your scalp is important.
A downside of a lot of medicated hair products is that they often contain harsh chemicals (sodium lauryl sulfate
Why Manuka Biotic®?
- We use the worlds only certified organic Manuka oil.
- All our products contain potent antibacterial, anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory properties to help soothe and repair the skin.
- Our products are 100% New Zealand made.
- Our products are made using natural ingredients and are FREE from:
- Sodium Lauryl Sulfate & SLES
- PEGs, PABA, EDTA
- Added fragrances & colouring
- Mineral Oils
- Propylene Glycol
- Animal testing or animal derivatives